A common, even popular misconception these days is that adopting a new digital product will solve your problems.
Truth is, adopting a product is never enough. You have to use it the way it’s meant to and put in some brainpower and skill.
I can even go as far as saying you can get results without any new product, provided that you know what you’re doing and are prepared to apply yourself.
Examples are everywhere:
- Software developers can keep code branches in order without GitLab.
- Designers can communicate their ideas without InVision.
- Project teams can coordinate their efforts without Trello.
- Households can avoid overspending on energy without Nest thermostat.
- Athletes can keep records of their runs without Runkeeper.
All those products actually are just tools for the job, very well made. They will make you go ten times faster but they won’t do the job for you.
There is no magic in digital products. They don’t deliver results. You do.
Be pragmatic about all those big visions they pitch you.